There are 24 major adult trauma centres in England where patients can be treated promptly, 24 hours a day, by a full range of specialists, including general, orthopaedic, plastic and vascular surgeons, neurosurgeons and radiologists.
Our aim is to create world-class services for people affected by major trauma through:
- Supporting patients and their families during their hospital stay
- Rehabilitation support, preparing patients for a life back at home
- Supporting staff working through training and education
- Funding for state-of-the-art medical equipment
- Carrying out research and development within the major trauma sector
As well as support inside the hospital walls we provide help and advice for patients once they leave hospital. Many have life-threatening injuries, neurological and physical disabilities, and complex medical needs that require long-term care and rehabilitation. Some require support and care for the rest of their lives, but we’ll always be there, from Day One.